Last updated May 30th, 2020. Change history available further down.
Going an extra mile – beyond the GDPR
Done So Far
- removed social media buttons (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) entirely from our website’s code. It is now more difficult for those companies to track your visit to this website.
- we made our live chat load only on demand. This means the live chat company (live chat is vital to our business) cannot track users who do not use live chat. Tracking is furthermore limited only to the actual page on which the user loaded the live chat script by clicking live chat button.
- We keep an eye on deleting orders that are older than one year – this way should our database is ever compromised we can limit our customers’ exposure to one year’s orders.
- We keep an eye on software updates and vulnerabilities
Still To Do
- Hosting fonts locally – externally hosted fonts are convenient but not private
- Replacing current web analytics solution with privacy oriented, self-hosted one
- Replacing live chat with privacy oriented self-hosted one (tests underway)
Our Privacy Goal
Our goal is to make our website 100% private. The information about your visit to our website is very personal and we consider it sensitive. We want to arrive at the situation when this information is 100% under your control, without any third parties involved.
In short, the bullet points below contain the most important information.
- We do not disclose your information to any third parties
- We do not store any credit card related details – they are handled externally by PayPal and we have no access to this information
- We use your information solely for the purpose of fulfilling your order
- Any images uploaded are stored on our system for up to 48 hours
- Any information entered in our online personalisation system is stored for up to 48 hours
- Your address, email, phone number, name and personalised cards (if applicable) are stored on our system for 6 months (to facilitate re-order if needed), then deleted.
- We never use real cards as samples or for advertising. All sample card photos you may see on this website use stock photographs and information on them is fictional.
Type of information we collect
We collect information from you when you fill out our contact form, personalise cards online or place an order.
When ordering, using our personalisation system or submitting a contact form on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide personal details such as name, e-mail address, postal address or phone number as needed.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions: e.g. to fulfil your order, send parcel.
- To create and print personalized memorial products you ordered
- Correspondence: e.g. to respond to your query, update you about your order status (received, dispatched).
- If you use our free designs option, all the information you enter during personalization process
How long do we store your information for?
Photos you upload to this site during personalization process are stored for up to 24 hours, then they are deleted. If you finalise your order we store your name, address, email address, phone number and hi resolution pdf file(s) used to print your order. This information is stored for 12 months, then permanently deleted from our system. (including photos) is removed from our system within 24 hours.
How do we protect your privacy?
All information you exchange with our website is using https protocol. Apart from that we implement a variety of security measures to maintain & safeguard your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We do not store any information related to your credit card or payment – this information is processed externally by payment gateway operators e.g. PayPal.
Memorial Printers take all reasonable steps (which includes relevant technical and organisational measures) to guarantee the safety of the data you provide to us and we will only use the data for the intended purpose.
However, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet will be 100% secure.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
This website uses Google Analytics to gather anonymous statistics about visitors to the site and which pages are visited.
Disclosure to third parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Updating, verifying and deleting your personal data
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email it to us at email@example.com Any such data subject requests may be subject to the fee prescribed under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
May 25th, 2018 – added GDPR introduction, added information about use of https throughout the website
October 1st, 2019 – wording simplified in introduction. Minor spelling amendments. Image/information storage time extended to 48 hours as more practicable. Information that we never use real cards as samples added.
May 22nd, 2020 – phone number amended to our new one, “Going an Extra Mile – beyond the GDPR” section added, order data retention time amended to 12 months.
May 30th, 2020 – spelling change in “Going an Extra Mile – beyond the GDPR” section.
Sep 14th, 2020 – removed a word (technical term) that was potentially problematic with one of the search engines – in “How do we protect your privacy?”
Old Mill Road,
Telephone: + 353 1 963 7008